Rhinoplasty is a surgery used to change the shape and size of the nose in order to which improves the overall appearance of a person's face by surgically altering the nose. The word rhinoplasty derives from Greek roots meaning "to mold or shape the nose." A more common slang name for the surgery is nose job. Rhinoplasty or nose surgery, sometimes referred to as “nose reshaping” or a “nose job,” improves the appearance and proportion of nose, enhancing facial harmony and self confidence. Surgery of the nose may also correct impaired breathing caused by structural abnormalities in the nose. Enhancing your appearance with nose plastic surgery While the shape of your nose is usually the result of heredity, the appearance may have been altered in an injury or during prior surgery.
- Rhinoplasty surgery can change:
- Nose size, in relation to the other facial structures
- Nose width, at the bridge
- Nose profile, with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip, that is large or bulbous, drooping, or too upturned
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry and deviation